LSST Corporation undergraduate funding opportunities
The LSST Corporation has issued the following call regarding funding for the undergraduate research programme at the 2020 LSST Project and Community Workshop:
"LSST Corporation is pleased to call for Statements of Intent (SOIs) to support undergraduates working on LSST-related research to attend a 2-day program, organized by LSST Corporation, at the LSST 2020 Project & Community Workshop (PCW). LSST Corporation intends to provide travel support for approximately 20 participating students.
At this time, we are soliciting short SOIs to gauge interest in this two-day program of events specifically targeted at undergraduate students working on LSST-related research. The program will be held during the first two days of the LSST 2020 PCW, August 10 & 11, 2020, in Tucson, Arizona. The two days of student-oriented programming include a student poster session, breakfasts with LSST scientists and engineers, student-oriented breakouts, a mirror lab tour, and other group activities, in a format similar to the programs at LSST 2018 & 2019. Travel support includes transportation to the meeting, three nights of accommodation at the PCW venue, meeting registration, and food. All travel arrangements are handled through LSST Corporation.
1. the total number of undergraduate students you would like to send to the LSST 2020 Undergraduate Researchers Program;
2. the number of those students whose travel you could fund without LSST Corporation assistance;
3. your intent to request travel support from LSST Corporation for the remaining students;
4. how the student research project(s) are relevant to preparation for LSST;
5. whether the PI is a member of an LSST Science Collaboration.
We will issue a request for more details about student attendees (names, research topic, contact information) in the Spring of 2020. Student participation in this program will be given priority if the student’s mentor has submitted an SOI.