LSST:UK seeks communications, EPO and Training coordinators
Communications, EPO and Training Coordinators for LSST:UK
The LSST:UK Consortium is seeking volunteers to coordinate teams organising the Consortium’s Communications, Education & Public Outreach, and Training activities. All three Coordinator roles are available from Autumn 2021 for a period of three years, in the first instance. This term will cover Rubin Observatory commissioning and the start of Rubin LSST operations (currently expected to begin in late 2023), culminating in agreement of plans for activities in each of the three areas in preparation for Rubin LSST Data Release 1 (due by the end of 2024).
All three positions will be appointed by the LSST:UK Consortium Board on the recommendation of selection panels chaired by Alastair Edge (Board Deputy Chair) and including experts in each area who have been identified as free from personal or institutional conflicts of interest on the basis of Expressions of Interest submitted by likely applicants. The timeline for this process will be as follows:
- 25 June 2021: Publication of this Call for Expressions of Interest.
- 30 July 2021 (16.00BST): Submission deadline for Expressions of Interest for the three Coordinator positions. These should be emailed in PDF format to the LSST:UK Project Managers (lusc_pm [at] mlist.is.ed.ac.uk) and should contain: (a) the name and institutional affiliation of the applicant; (b) the position to be applied for; and (c) a short (100-200 word) summary of relevant experience and motivation for applying for the position.
- Mid-August 2021: Invitations to submit full applications will be issued to those who have submitted Expressions of Interest. Details of the requirements of the application will be provided along with the invitation, but it is intended to be a lightweight process.
- Mid-September 2021: Submission deadline for full applications.
- October 2021: Interviews for the three Coordinator positions.
In accordance with the LSST:UK Equality and Diversity Statement (https://lsst-uk.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/HOME/pages/620429315/Equality+and+Diversity+Statement), applications are particularly encouraged from those who would increase the diversity of the LSST:UK leadership team. Applicants may apply for more than one of the Coordinator roles, but it is expected that different people will be appointed to each.
Descriptions of the three roles can be found on the LSST:UK wiki at https://lsst-uk.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/HOME/pages/2587787265/Communications+EPO+and+Training+Coordinators+for+LSST+UK
Informal enquiries about the roles or the appointment process may be emailed to the LSST:UK Project Leader, Bob Mann (rgm [at] roe.ac.uk), or the selection panel chair, Alastair Edge (alastair.edge [at] durham.ac.uk).
Bob Mann and Alastair Edge